Random Seeds are a game mechanic in 80 Days. They affect various aspects of the game, making each playthrough more varied. Each time you restart the game the seed is increased by one. After playthrough number VIII, it wraps back to I. The current seed is visible in the options menu.
The seed affects:
- the conversation Passepartout and Phileas Fogg have upon departure from London.
- items available in the market
- prices of items in the market and the places where they are valuable
- departure and arrival times
- journey costs
The seed does not affect:
- available routes
- number of suitcases allowed
- health damage taken during journeys
Each seed bears a title, visible from the menu.
|I||IN WHICH PHILEAS FOGG AND PASSEPARTOUT ACCEPT EACH OTHER, THE ONE AS MASTER, THE OTHER AS MAN|
|II||IN WHICH PASSEPARTOUT IS CONVINCED THAT HE HAS AT LAST FOUND HIS IDEAL|
|III||IN WHICH A CONVERSATION TAKES PLACE WHICH SEEMS LIKELY TO COST PHILEAS FOGG DEAR|
|IV||IN WHICH PHILEAS FOGG ASTOUNDS PASSEPARTOUT, HIS SERVANT|
|V||IN WHICH A NEW SPECIES OF FUNDS, UNKNOWN TO THE MONEYED MEN, APPEARS ON 'CHANGE|
|VI||IN WHICH FIX, THE DETECTIVE, BETRAYS A VERY NATURAL IMPATIENCE|
|VII||WHICH ONCE MORE DEMONSTRATES THE USELESSNESS OF PASSPORTS AS AIDS TO DETECTIVES|
|VIII||IN WHICH PASSEPARTOUT TALKS RATHER MORE, PERHAPS, THAN IS PRUDENT|